10 Dec Where is bromine used?
Posted at 12:42h in 0 Comments
The largest single use of brominated compounds is in fire safety. Bromine-based fire safety solutions are used to improve resistance to ignition and make furniture and plastics less combustive.
Since its discovery, bromine and its compounds have also been used in the manufacturing of high performing products used for
– Reducing mercury emissions reduction from coal-fired power plants,
– Purifying and disinfecting water
– Manufacturing of rubber tyres, windscreen wipers and medical stoppers
– Ensuring the efficacy of many energy processes and technologies
– Manufacturing pharmaceuticals
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.